All SDDAIA members are also members of PORAC and participate in the Porac Legal Defense Fund (LDF) Insurance Plan.
We support PORAC because it is their mission to represent law enforcement and work to defend the profession on a daily basis. The mission of PORAC is to:
• Maintain a leadership role in organizing, empowering and representing the interests of rank-and-file peace officers.
• Identify the needs of the law enforcement community and provide programs to meet those needs.
• Represent and protect the rights and benefits of peace officers.
• Create an environment in which peace officers interact and work toward achieving common goals and objectives.
• Conduct research, provide education and training, and define and enhance standards for professionalism.
• Promote public awareness that encourages and maintains the image of a professional peace officer.
The SDDAIA are active members of the local chapter, for more information please visit http://poracsandiego-imperialcountieschapter.org
The distribution of your dues is as follows;
Regular Dues: $7.00 from that $3.00 goes to pac/pic issues and $4.00 goes to overhead. Over head covers the organization, release time, chapter reimbursements and so on. During the 2014 Conference of Members, the members voted to increase the normal dues by $2.00, making the overall dues $9.00. In this situation the $7.00 distribution stays the same and the additional $2.00 is put into a Pension Issues restricted account. The SDDAIA contributes to and supports this effort.
As of February 4, 2014, the SDDAIA Board notified Porac LDF and created the “San Diego DA Investigator Reserve Association” (Association #3023) for the limited purpose of providing LDF coverage to our retired members that come back to work as 120's or 960 Investigators, meaning they work part time. The SDDAIA pays the annual PORAC membership and monthly LDF fees on behalf of 120 Investigators and is reimbursed from the reserve members that want coverage. As of 2016 the coverage is $94 for one year period.